Free and Forced Convection System
Convection is one of the three basic forms of heat transfer. Material-bound heat transport takes place. During convection the fluid is in motion.
The TE 106 offers basic experiments for targeted teaching on the topic of free and forced convection on various heating elements.At the heart of the experimental unit is a vertical air duct into which various heating elements are inserted. An axial fan is located on top of the air duct. The fan draws in ambient air and guides it through the air duct. The air flows past a heating element and absorbs heat. Four heating elements with different geometries are available to be selected. In order to investigate free convection, two of the four heating elements can be operated outside of the air duct. The heating elements are designed in such a way to release heat only at their surface. The compact design ensures rapid heating and a short time for experiments.
The experimental unit is equipped with temperature sensors at the inlet and outlet of the air duct. The air velocity is measured to determine the air flow rate. Heating power and flow rate are adjusted and displayed via the software.
- Convective heat transfer demonstration should be possible with the training set.
- Vertical type should have an air duct with a size of 125x125x1000mm.
- There should be a sensitive speed-controlled fan.
- It should be a multi-point temperature measurement system.
- Sensitive air velocity measurement sensor must be found.
- DAQ system will be available
- Easy to use and WINDOWS 10 compatible user interface program
- Max. Air velocity: 4m / s
- Heating power: 290watt
- There should be 3 experiment modules in the training set.
- Test modules Flat surface (surface area: 110cm²)
- Experiment module Plate (surface area: 0.21m²)
- The test module should consist of cylindrical (surface area: 0.07 m²) modules.
- 500x500x1000mm (flow channel and platform)
- 500x500x220mm (control panel)
- The system must have an emergency stop and a main switch.
- The devices should be delivered fully assembled tested and ready to operate.
- ADF software for data acquisition via Ethernet under Windows 8.1, 10
- Free (natural) convection experiments
- Forced (with fan) convection experiments
- Heat transfer detection and comparison on different surfaces
- Heat distribution in the channel
- Calculation of Reynolds and Nusselt number
- Calculation of the heat transfer coefficient
- Calculation of the heat transfer rate Experiments
Required for operation
- PC with Windows recommended