Principle of a wet cooling tower with cooling column and forced ventilation. Interchangeable cooling columns with different wet deck surfaces available as accessories. Water circuit with pump, filter, valve and a nozzle as atomizer.Three-stage heater with thermostat for water heating
Radial fan for forced ventilation. Throttle valve to adjust the air flow. Demister unit at the outlet of the cooling columns minimizes water loss. Tank for additional water compensates for water loss
- Principle of a wet cooling tower with cooling column and forced ventilation
- Interchangeable cooling columns with different wet deck surfaces available as accessories
- Water circuit with pump, filter, valve and a nozzle as atomizer
- Three-stage heater with thermostat for water heating
- Radial fan for forced ventilation
- Throttle valve to adjust the air flow
- Demister unit at the outlet of the cooling columns minimizes water loss
- Tank for additional water compensates for water loss
- Display of temperature, differential pressure, flow rate and humidity
- ADF software for data acquisition via USB under Windows 8.1, 10
- Reproduces all the processes that are found in an industrial system serviced by a forced draught cooling tower.
- The unit incorporates a process load, circulating pump, packed column, water distribution, volume control system and fan.
- Standard instrumentation allows measurement of the air, circulating water mass flow rate and all end state temperatures using wet and dry bulb thermocouples.
- Evaporation rates under varying load and flow conditions can also be investigated-Observation of water flow pattern and distribution.
- Measurement of all “end states”, and rates of flow of water, air and make-up.
- Plotting of end states on a psychrometric chart and the application of the steady flow equation to draw up energy balances.
- Investigation of performance at:(a) A range of process cooling loads. (b) A range of inlet temperatures.
- Closed loop PID control of water temperature or constant power operation of the heater,
- Manually controlled variable speed air blower adjustable.
- Cooling column
- Specific Surface of the wet deck surface: 110m2/m3
- Cross-Section: 150x150mm
- Volumetric air flow measurement via orifice: Ø 80mm
- Heater, adjustable in three stages:500W – 1000W – 1000W
- Thermostat: Switches Off at 50°C Fan
- Power Consumption: 250W
- Max. Pressure Difference: 4,3mbar
- Max. Volumetric Flow Rate: 13m3/min
- Max. head: 70m
- Max. flow rate 6.0 L/min
- Tank for additional water: 4,2L
- Differential Pressure: 0…10mbar (air)
- Flow Rate: 12…360L/h (water)
- Temperature: 2x 0…50°C, 3x 0…100°C
- Rel. humidity: 10…100%
- 230V, 50Hz, 1 phase